- SCHOBERL, Frederic. (Ed)
- World in miniature - Japan, containing Illustrations of the character, manners, customs, religion, dress, amusements, commerce, agriculture &c. of the People of that Empire.
- London: Ackermann, c.1823
- FIRST EDITION. Hand-coloured plates (19 of 20). Pub. by R. Ackermann, London in 1823. Duodecimo, contemporary roan boards, gilt ruled & titled in, inner gilt dentelles, all edges gilt. hinges slightly rubbed, foot of spine slightly damaged, tips a bit worn. Hand-coloured frontispiece +[xiv] +286pp slight offsetting but as with all Ackermann productions beautifully coloured. Engraved armorial bookplate of "John Morant Esq" to front pastedown. MS inscription "John Morant from his dear Papa 1831" to prelim.
Coloured plated in order:
1. Frontispiece. Lady in a Car.
2. Soldier of Nangasaki.
3. Japanese Soldier.
5. Monk of the Sect of Rokubo.
7. Mechanic in Winter Dress.
8. Japanese in Dress of Ceremony.
9. Civil Officer.
10. Lady in Dress of Ceremony.
11. Implements for Writing (14 figs).
12. Servant carrying his Master's effects.
13. Lady, Walking Abroad.
15. Peasant Pounding Rice.
17. Fisherman's Wife.
18. An Inhabitant of Jesso.
19. Superior of the Tartar Establishment in the Island of Sakhalin.
- Abbey Travel 6 (part), Tooley 515.
- Hand coloured plates
- Costume, Culture/Lifestyle, Japan
- Stock ID