- BARRON, Captain Richard.
- Views in India, Chiefly Among the Neelgherry Hills.
- London: Robtert Havell, 1837.
- FIRST EDITION. Folio (583 mm x 436 mm) 6 beautiful, large hand coloured aquatints each mounted on grey paper as issued each with a single letterpress sheet, with engraved key vignette on Indian paper laid down, 1 hand coloured costume aquatint. [vii] (of ix). Bound in half black morocco over olive coloured boards, black morocco label to upper board within a gilt border and with gilt lettering reading: "The Neelgherry Hills. Capt. Richard Barron1837". Single line gilt in rule to boards, raised bands in gilt and blind to spine. Excellent condition.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Male & Female Toda.
2. A view of the Late Sir William Rumbold's House & the west end of the bazaar.
3. A General View of Ootacamund.
4. A view taken in the Commandant's garden, looking north east, including C.M. Lushington's House and Kelsoe Land.
5. Taken from the bridge seen in [plate] 1. Looking at south side of the lake.
6. Taken at Kandelmund. The Toda family inhabiting.
7. The Kaitee Waterfall, as seen from the road exactly opposite, looking west.
- Abbey (Travel), 459; Prideaux p. 249, 327.
- Hand coloured plates
- India, Travel/Scenery
- Stock ID