- RICHARDSON, Charles James.
- Studies from old English Mansions.
- London: T. McLean, Haymarket, 1841-48.
- FIRST EDITION. folio, 1st-4th Series, 137 coloured and tinted lithograph plates, (complete), including four titles, and thirty-six leaves of text within borders of decorative plasterwork, carvings, furniture, etc., scattered foxing, near contemporary red half morocco gilt, spine in seven compartments, morocco lettering piece to second, others richly gilt, raised bands, marbled boards, all edges gilt, a very handsome copy.
Coloured plates in order:
1. In Great Chamber, Montacute.
2. Doorway in Great Chamber, Montacute.
3. Candlestick brought from Fotheringay Castle.
4. Porch of the Nag's Head Inn, Leicester.
5. Title page. Second Series.
6. Entrance to Great Chamber, Montacute.
7. The Drawing Room Ceiling, Crewe Hall, Cheshire.
8. The Nautilus Shell.
9. Gold and Silver Plate.
10. Old Manor House, Hollingbourne, Kent.
11. Charleton Court, or Little Charleton, Kent.
The Salt Cellar.
12. The Cabinet at Badminton, Gloucestershire, the Seat of His Grace the Duke of Beaufort.
13-14. Loving Cups. (2 plates)
15. A Portion of the Hall Ceiling at Crewe.
16. Candlestick of brass gilt...
17. Specimen of Ornamented Gilt Leather (1/2 full size) Reign Charles II.
- Abbey, Life, 54
- Hand coloured plates
- 17 hand coloured? (total 137 tinted plates)
- Architecture/Mansions, British Isles, Furniture/Antiques, Sepia
- Stock ID