- VAN RYMSDYK, John and Andrew.
- Museum Britannicum; or,a display of thirty two plates, of antiquities and natural curiosities, in that noble and magnificent cabinet, the British Museum...
- London: J. Moore, Drury Lane, 1791.
- The second edition. Revised and corrected by P. Boyle. (12), XVII, 88pp. With engr. title-vignette and 30 hand-coloured plates. Later 1/4 calf over original marbled boards; red morocco label to spine, gilt to spine. Boards somewhat rubbed and worn. Armorial plate to front pastedown "Coulthart of Coulthard and Collyn". Vignette on page 82, 'An Urn of Ibis', not printed as is the case with this coloured edition. - Some minor foxing and browning otherwise a fine copy.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Taylor-Bird's Nest and a Wasp's Nest (2 figs).
2. Oculus Mundi; or, The Eye of the World and assorted Pearls (6 figs).
3. Encrusted Scull and Sword (2 figs).
4. Ensigns of Boars, Spear tips, Eagle etc (9 figs).
5. Ova, Eggs - including; Canary, Robin, Hen, Linnet, Gold-finch etc (15 figs).
6. Ova, Eggs - including; Macaw, Parrot, Brown Owl, Tom-tit etc (15 figs).
7. Annuli, Rings - including; Iron, Agate, Brass, Gold, Silver etc (13 figs).
8. Flagello, Bastinado, and Spanish Dagger (4 figs).
9. Penknife with a Gold Point, and Copper Horse-shoe (2 figs)
10. Sylus and Roman Fibrulae (8 figs).
11. Spider's Nest, with the Valve, or Trap-door (4 figs).
12. Pinna Marina [Shell] and a pair of men's gloves (2 figs).
13. Brick from the Tower of Babel together with Canopus of Osiris and Dog's head and Egyptian ring (4 figs).
14. Amulets, or Charms (3 figs).
15. The Sallad Earthen Vessel, and the Scythian Lamb (2 figs).
16. Nidus Gelatinus Cambodiensis, or Soup-Nest (2 figs).
17. Tali, or Dice - including; Crimson, Brass, Crystal, Green Agate, Ivory etc (10 figs).
18. Amulets, or Charms - including; Druidic, Ivory Hand, Shell, Crystal Ball etc (5 figs).
19. Calculi, Stones - including; Plumb stone, Serpent stone, Silver Bodkin etc (6 figs).
20. A Coral Hand and a Glass Tumbler, part encrusted in stone (2 figs).
21. Lachrymatories, or Tear Vials (3 figs).
22. Lamps, and the Asbestos (4 figs).
23. Graptolithi, Figured Slates, and an Agate, with the Eclipse of the Sun (2 figs).
24. The Human Horn, and the Crotalum (2 figs).
25. Greek and Roman Tesserae, or Tickets 7 figs).
26. A Roman Patera, & a large Gold Patera. [Cups]
27. Nautilus Papyraceus, or Paper Nautilis (4 figs).
28. Governor Pitt's Brilliant Diamond etc (9 figs).
29. Antiquities Aegyptiacae, Sistrum (3 figs).
30. Aves, Birds - including; Humming-birds, Bird of Paradise etc (4 figs).
- Hand coloured plates
- 18th Century & earlier, General, Natural history
- Stock ID