- HELMAN, (Isidore-Stanislas-Henri)
- Faits Memorables des Empereurs de la Chine, Tirés des Annales Chinoises. Dédiés à Madames
- Paris: Chez l'Auteur 1788.
- Memorable facts of the Emperor's of China. Orné de 24 Estampes in-4°. Gravées par Helman, d’après les Dessins Originaux de la Chine, tirés du Cabinet de Mr Bertin Mtre et ancien Sre d’Etat. in-4° ; titre gravé-f. non chiffré de dédicace comportant une jolie vignette [par Monnet]-24 estampes couleurs h.-t. [1-24]-24 ff. de texte gravé et encadrés en regard non chiffrés [explications des planches], plein veau tacheté, dos lisse très joliment orné, caissons or, fleurette or, p. de titre en maroquin vert, tranches mouchetées, rel. de l’époque, bel exemplaire. Édition originale.L’un des très rares exemplaires sur papier Hollande peint à l’aquarelle (cf. prospectus bas de page de grand titre). Réduction des grandes planches gravées d’après les dessins du père jésuite Attiret, sur l’ordre de l’Empereur de la Chine et par l’entremise de la Compagnie des Indes.
Coloured plates in order:
1. [Coloured Headpiece]
2. Emperor Yao, who reigned 2357 years before our present era.
3. Emperor Yu, who reigned 2201 years before our present era.
4. Kie-Chou the first of the dynasty Hia, the second that of Chang. He was dethroned 1766 years beore our present era, his familly had been on the throne for some 600 years.
5. Tching-Tang, founder of the dynasty of Chang - his reign began 1766 years before our present era.
6. Tai-Siu, from the dynasty of Chang, died 1563 years before our present era.
7. Ouy, of the dynasty Chang, died 1195 years before our present era, was a prince without religion.
8. Cheou-Sin who died 1123 ears before our present era.
9. Chi Houng of the dynasty Tsin, died 210 years before our present era.
10. Outi of the western Han dynasty, died 87 years before our present era.
11. Sui-Enti of the same dynasty, died 47 years before our present era.
12. Tching-Ti of the same dynasty, died 7 years beore our present era.
13. Kouang-Ou-Ti, of the same dynasty, died 59 years after our present era.
14. Ouen-Ti of the Soung dynasty, who reigned in the year 424 of our present era.
15. Soung-Fei-Ti ascended the throne at 15 years old ans was assassinated by a Eunuch in the year 426 of our present era.
16. Ou-Ti of the Leang dynasty died in the year 549 of our present era.
17. Tchen-Ou-Ti was the founder of the Chen dynasty. He died in the year 559 of ourvpresent era.
18. Heoi-Tchou of the dynasty Chen, died in the year 589 of our present era. He loved music with a passion unbecoming in an Emperor.
19. Yang-Kien, founder of the Sui dynasty, began to reign over the northern provinces of China about the year 590 of oir presentvera.
20. Yang-Ti of the Sui dynasty died in the year 618 of our present era.
21. Tang-Kao-Tfoung died in the year 626 of our present era.
22. Tai-Tfong of the Tang dynasty died in the year 649 of our present era.
23. Hivan-Tfong of the dunasty Tang died in the year 956 of our present era.
24. Tait-Song of the Song dynasty died in the year 797 of our present era.
25. Tche-Tfoung died in the year 1101 of our present era.
- Cohen, 479; Cordier 587; Bobins I 293.
- Hand coloured plates
- China, Culture/Lifestyle
- Stock ID