- ASHFIELD, Frederic Reeves.
- Author 2
- Beardsley, Aubrey (Ills)
- Colours, by Remy de Gourmont Faithfully rendered from the French...by Frederic Reeves Ashfield
- NY: Blue Faun, (1929)
- Blue cloth over multicoloured boards, with coloured title label to upper board, label to spine, coloured, pictorial end papers, coloured top edge, uncut. An edition of 1900 examples numbered and registered, this is # 207. 13 colours covered with two supplementary colours by the translator. Title plate affixed to the rear end paper.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontis. Plate with an ornate blue floral border pattern, a lady is seen sitting naked on a bed, with a sheet to cover her modesty, conversing with another lady seated (fully clothed) on the end of the bed. A pair of nymphs appear either side of "It is a symbol..." BLUE.
2. Title page. The same blue, ornate floral border pattern. Small circular illustration "Art will endure all things and will all thing conquer."
- Hand coloured plates
- France, General
- Stock ID